Saturday, April 14, 2012

Celebrating Easter

"The rabbit of Easter. He bring of the chocolate."
(David Sedaris)

I hope everyone had a joyful holiday! I spent Easter Sunday at church, at home, and at Pizza & Brew for dinner. Below are some photos from last weekend.

Easter Sunday Service

 Our church choir sang a beautiful Easter Cantata along with instrumental accompaniment.


Salted Caramel Easter Popcorn

I made festive and flavorful Salted Caramel Easter Popcorn with Easter Pretzel M&Ms and Mini Robin Eggs candy. Mmm, sticky caramel corn!


Easter Egg Decorating

I prepared an Easter egg coloring kit to dye hard-boiled eggs. I think I have more fun with this than anyone else.

 
Thrill of the Easter Hunt

I organized an Easter egg hunt for my nephew Peter by scattering over a dozen chocolate- or sticker-filled plastic eggs and wind-up toys around my front yard. He found all of them, and ate a handful of candy. When I asked if he had fun, he answered, "Yes, it was delicious!"






Easter Hosta Growth

Quoting Martin Luther: "Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in spring-time." Peter witnessed new life emerging from the soil in the form of hosta plants. The first one was in the early shoot-sprouting stage -- he said it looked like asparagus; the second hosta had taller stalks, which reminded me of green onions; and the third was growing leaves. Peter also saw a bunny on the lawn, and after it hopped off, wanted to go find it.


Tomorrow marks the 2nd Sunday of Easter leading up to Pentecost. Happy Easter Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and interacting with readers. Thank you!