Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Our Maternity Photo Session at Heritage Park

"The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
(Audrey Hepburn)

We recently did a maternity photo shoot at Heritage Park in Farmington Hills, MI with Lisa of Turtle Street Photography. We were lucky that the weather was ideal for September -- not too warm, chilly, or windy, with late-day sun -- and Lisa made us feel very comfortable, even though I was definitely out of my comfort zone. And, it turns out that her husband went to middle school with my husband! That night, they looked each other up in their old yearbooks.

We did everything quickly, within an hour or so, including 3 outfits for me and 2 for Sam. I wore: 1) a royal blue one-shoulder Mark & James by Badgley Mischka dress, 2) an ivory lace maternity gown from SilkFairies with a floral maternity sash from PaisleysPretties (both via Etsy), and 3) a sheer burgundy printed open cardigan and solid tank top from Motherhood Maternity with Old Navy jeans; all with different shoes and jewelry, though I ended up kicking off my shoes in the 2nd segment. To coordinate, Sam wore a dressier outfit and then changed into a more casual one.

Interestingly, I was most comfortable with the photos taken in the maternity gown, which I had thought would feel unnatural, given that it's not my usual style of dress/undress. I felt literally close to the earth though, and didn't focus on smiling or posing or even interacting with Sam, but was able to stand/sit/lay there and just be for a short while.


Huge as I may be, I'm happy to have some nice images to commemorate the near-end of my pregnancy. Not much longer before we meet our baby girl, the silent star of these photos!

3 comments:

  1. The first one of you wearing the maroon is my FAVORITE. Such a great shot of both of you. :) The lace is breathtaking as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the blue dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and interacting with readers. Thank you!